Follow Me on Pinterest!
The worst thing about being someone who finds comfort in shopping is that when you’re broke, you get sad that you’re broke and your natural instinct is to go shopping and make it feel better. But you can’t . . .’cuz you’re broke. Very frustrating. Before someone tells me that it’s not healthy to drown your sorrows in items, I know, and I don’t condone blowing all your money on shoes because you aren’t happy with your life or anything like that. But sometimes when you get a flat tire a new lipgloss and a chai latte can really turn your day around, ya know?
So with recent events in mind (both personal and nation wide) I figured it was a good time to show you guys some of my most loved beauty items under ten dollars. You would be surprised, you can get some fun stuff for ten bucks. They might not be as much fun as getting a new YSL glossy stain, but they will hold you over for the time being 😉
(I just realized this post is really lip product heavy, so i’ll gather some eye and face favorites as well and make a second installation of this list. Sorry!)
1. Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Swivel Stick: I’ve mentioned this a billion times so let’s get it out of the way first. It’s functional, creamy, smooth and smells delicious, and it makes my dry lips feel nicer. I use it more as a night treatment these days, but I also keep in it all of my coat pockets just in case. You can also use this on other parts of your body so it comes in very handy.
2. NYX Round Lipstick in Snow White: NYX is great for cheap finds. I’m not in love with all of their products, but a good number of them are kind of awesome, and unbelievably cheap. Their round lipsticks are one of the best cheap finds they have, and the color “Snow White” is such a great red. They are usually around 5 bucks I think, but I got mine on sale at Ulta for $2.39! They are very creamy which makes the wear time on them a little on the short side, but whatever! For under five bucks you can’t go wrong. In case you were wondering what snow white looks like here is how I wore it the other day…
I’m kinda loving the color for fall.
3. NYX Butter Gloss: OK so while we’re talking about NYX, their butter gloss is also awesome. It’s really smooth and creamy, it smells delicious but not overpowering and it feels nice and moisturizing on the lips. It’s also thick but not sticky which I like because I’ve got way too much hair flying around all the time that gets stuck in a sticky gloss. So gross. My two favorite colors at the moment are Peach Cobbler and Apple Strudel. These are also around five bucks each, and you can usually find sales and good deals on sets of three.
4. Rosebud Lip Balm in Brambleberry Rose: WTF is a Brambleberry you ask? That’s a good question as well as one I don’t know the answer to. I looked it up and It think it’s an umbrella term for every berry in the blackberry family, but someone please correct me if you know what it is. Long story short: It doesn’t matter. Stop asking so many questions. It smells good. Especially when mixed with a nice rose scent like in this balm. Rose always makes me feel luxurious, and for seven bucks (or even cheaper if you’re on amazon prime) you can feel luxurious on a budget.
Ok that’s the last lip product I swear.
5. Vaseline Spray and Go moisturizer in Cocoa Radiant: I was hesitant about this one because I don’t like using petroleum products, which is kinda what Vaseline brand is known for. I don’t know if petroleum/mineral oils are actually bad for your skin, and there seem to be conflicting opinions, but the fact that it’s a bi-product of gasoline makes me think maybe I’m better off without it. But I saw a lot of people say this stuff was good so I took a look at it in the store and it doesn’t seem like there is actually any petroleum on the ingredients list so I gave it a go. There are some other questionable ingredients that I can’t pronounce in there, which makes me not want to use this stuff daily, but as far as the way it performs, I actually like it! Just not for every day use, more for days when I’m too lazy to moisturize after the shower. Now I can just spray this on quickly and be a little more moist. That’s such a creepy word, moist.
This stuff is also not sticky, which makes it my new “pre-skinny jeans” moisturizer. If you’ve ever broken out in a sweat putting your pants on after moisturizing, then you know what I’m talkin’ about.
For around six dollars I don’t mind keeping it on hand for those lazy/skinny jeans days, which by the way are usually not the same days, so that’s twice as much use I will get out of it!
I’ll be back with more eye and face products under ten bucks, so stay tuned!