Hey Guys! Woo it has been quite a week! I know I mentioned this in one of my videos, but I’m not sure I mentioned anything here on my blog so I figured I would clarify some things.
I’m moving this week, like a big “out-of-state omg what is happening in my life?!” type of move, and while I’m really excited I’m also really emotional and sad too. When people say moving is stressful they sure aren’t kidding.
It’s hard to be away from friends and family. I’ve lived in New York my whole life (except approximately one year that I lived in Texas) so naturally there are a lot of ties here. It also doesn’t help that every time I tell someone we’re moving they say “Why would anyone ever leave New York City?!” There are plenty of reasons honestly but in vulnerable times it’s easy to let other peoples ideas make us second guess our decisions, ya know?
This is the face of a dog concerned about his owner’s stress levels.
So anyway, emotional ramblings aside I just wanted to make a not 100% beauty related post to explain why my posting may be a little more sparse than usual this next week or so. I have made an effort to be sure that my new office area and my internet will all be set up within a day or so of moving in, so I should be back up and running in no time.
I also have been photographing the ways I have been packing, organizing and purging my beauty collection, so I will definitely write a post about that in the near future! I think that could be helpful for some people.
So one thing that is keeping me sane is being really excited for fall(!!!)
Fall is my favorite season to begin with and we are moving farther into the North East so I am gearing up for crisp air, cozy sweaters and changing leaves. Did I mention our new place has a fireplace too? So exciting.
So I threw together a little mood board of things I’m excited about. Some are things I own, and some are things I just like/want real bad, but let’s muse over fall themed items and get excited together, shall we?
1. Ok now I know you’re all about to run to Starbucks and kill each other over the first batch of Pumpkin Lattes . . .but I hate them. I’m sorry! I know that’s blasphemy but I don’t drink coffee with sugar in it (actually I avoid sugar in general) so those things taste INSANE to me.
What I am excited about is switching back to hot coffee. I love holding a cup of hot coffee in my hands on a chilly day. If I’m feeling really sassy, or I really need something comforting I’ll occasionally get a Chai Latte and I ask them to put half the amount of syrup in. I know they have those year round, but they just taste like fall to me.
2. A couple of years back for my birthday I got my first high quality, real leather jacket and even after two years I am obsessed with it. The one I have, which is pictured above, is the Muubaa Aviatress jacket, which was on sale at ASOS at the time.
Last year we had a pretty mild winter in NYC and I wore that thing basically every day. The sheep skin collar is removable, so you get more versatility out of it, and the sleeves have a thick ribbed cotton on the back sides so you can bend your elbows easily and have full range of motion. I know I won’t get away with wearing it all winter this year, but I’m excited to break that baby back out for fall!
3. Pom Pom Beanie! Last year I got a rust colored one similar to this and I love it. I want another one in a more neutral color, but I cant decide between the cream pictured above, or a gray one like this.
4. As a form of retail therapy I was perusing Sephora’s website and I stumbled across this NARS lipstick in a color called “Autumn Leaves” and basically the money flew right out of my bank account before I could even think. It’s a really pretty sheer brown-orange with copper shimmer, but it could have been green with polka dots and I would have tried it because I’m a sucker. Luckily, I really like it and I don’t have anything similar to it so it was a good purchase. I’m trying to wait to wear it until it feels more like fall outside though so I can really enjoy it…having patience is hard.
5. Patterned drapey cardigans. I bought the one in the photo from Urban Outfitters about a year ago, and I wore it to death. Well, not to death. It’s actually in really good shape still. It’s such a great layering piece and it feels super warm and cozy. This year I’m dying to get a similar one but in black and white like this one. It’s already sitting in my amazon cart, so it’s only a matter of time.
6. And last but not least, these Sam Edelman Landon Booties are WAY up there on my wish list. I love ankle booties, and my other Sam Edelmans (I have these in a taupe color) saw a good deal of wear last year, but I only have the taupe pair so I obviously need black booties too.
So that’s what I’m excited about for fall. I should be back in full swing by Monday, September 2nd. I apologize if there aren’t too many posts until then, but I hope you all understand.
Let me know what you’re excited about for fall too, I want to ride this wave right into the cooler weather!