Smoked Out Lash Line with a Pop of Cobalt! Using the Urban Decay Vice Palette
I’ve been all about the neutrals lately, and quite frankly, I’m boring myself. So today I decided to go for a smoked out lash line with a punch of bright cobalt blue. I always tend to go for neutral eyes with a colorful lip on myself, so for me this is a nice change of pace without taking me too far out of my element!
It’s pretty easy too so let’s get started
1. Start with a clean, primed eye, and sweep either a neutral shadow, or a face powder over the entire lid. This is a great trick when you are working with dark and bright colors because it makes them much easier to blend.
2. Place a black gel liner around the tom and bottom lash line, and smudge it out with a blending brush. Normally I would split this into two steps to show you, but since gel liner sets so quickly I couldn’t stop to photograph before i smudged it in. In other words, work quickly. The up side to this is once it sets, it will be on there good and tight.
3. With a small dense shadow brush, pack a matte, bright blue color onto the center of the lash line over the black gel liner. With the same brush pack on a matte charcoal or black shadow to the remaining portion of the gel liner. You may not even be able to see it, but it will help blend the blue.
4. Guess what the next step is… with a small eyeshadow brush, blend the blue into the charcoal or black shadows, bet you didn’t see that coming.
5. Repeat the exact same process on the lower lash line….So simple, a baby could do this!
6. Use the darkest black eyeliner pencil you can find, and place it on your top and bottom waterline. You want to make sure you do the top too, because any skin peeking through the lashes will make the look seem incomplete, and the dark and bright colors only make it more obvious when you missed a spot so really get in there and make it good and black!
7. Now just curl your lashes and apply your favorite mascara and BOOM done.
Easy, fun and has a ton of impact!
This brought me out of my boredom, I hope you have fun with it too! I’ll link all of the products I used below if you want to recreate this look yourself!
Urban Decay Vice Palette (“Nevermind” over entire lid, “Chaos” for the bright matte blue, and Black Market for the Charcoal/Black color)